Tips for Leadership Conference 2012
In less than two weeks you will be part of the 1,500+ Best Buddies members who will be coming together for the Best Buddies International Leadership Conference 2012!
With the long travel hours and hot weather expected, we’d like to make sure that you have the most enjoyable experience at the upcoming leadership conference. Here are some helpful tips for travel and your stay in Bloomington, Indiana:
- It’s best to wear Best Buddies gear on travel days so that you can be easily recognized by our staff and meet other conference attendees.
- Remember to print your flight itinerary and bring it with you to the airport.
- You’ll also need to bring a photo ID in order to board the plane. Bring your passport if you’re flying international.
- Carry your insurance card or a copy of your insurance card at all times. You never know if you’ll need it.
- Don’t forget your most interesting books, magazines, and music for travel days!
- Bring enough comfortable clothes and shoes for three days. Remember to bring a bathing suit for the pool party and a jacket in case you get cold indoors.
- Bring sunglasses and tons and tons of sunscreen. It’s going to be extra hot and sunny. A water bottle might come in handy too!
- The residence hall provides sheet sets, one pillow/case, and two bath towels. If you would like any extras, including a washcloth and blanket, please bring them from home.
- It’s a good idea to bring Advil, Tylenol, AirBorne, EmergenC, and any other type of medicine you may need.
- Don’t forget these essentials – alarm clock, shower shoes, toiletries, cell phone charger, camera, notebook, and pens!
- Last but not least, bring lots of energy and enthusiasm. We’re really looking forward to meeting each and every one of you at the conference!!