What makes this year’s Leadership Conference so special?
If you have never been to Leadership Conference (like me) before, you may not know what to expect. As you can read in the past post “Leadership Conference Events,” it looks like a whole lot of fun is planned for the weekend! It seems LC will be a great time, so get excited!
For those of you who have gone before, you don’t need me to remind you of the fun you’ll have. But you may be curious as to what sets this year’s LC apart from the (already awesome) ones in the past? Well, Best Buddies has a few things to celebrate this year as we continue the INCLUSION REVOLUTION…
- We are marking 10 years of friendship with Indiana University! Before being held at IU, LC moved around to different sites, including Pepperdine University, Loyola College in Maryland and Georgetown University (where Best Buddies was founded.)
- We are celebrating the biggest LC to date! When the first LC was held in 1990, only 100 student leaders attended. This year, we will be welcoming approximately 1,500 people, including over 30 volunteers and over 70 international attendees! Talk about growth!
- Speaking of growth, Best Buddies is really making friends all over the globe. We are hosting attendees from 16 international programs this year: Argentina, Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong, Mexico, The Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Panama, Russia, Sierra Leone, St. Kitts & Nevis, and Turkey. Welcome!
- We will be awarding Outstanding Chapter awards at our opening ceremony! Over 20 domestic programs and 5 international programs have been nominated. Come see if your chapter will be recognized!
- We have special surprises for our closing ceremonies! Don’t miss out.
As you can see, we’re hosting our biggest and best Leadership Conference yet! Official countdown: 9 more days!
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Awareness (73)
- Contests (3)
- Events (40)
- Guest Bloggers (7)
- Press / Media (46)
- Programs (19)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Volunteer Stories (12)
- Parent / Teacher (2)
- Young Leaders Council (2)
Follow us on Twitter
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.