It’s A Grind Humanitarian Article
The With Heart Foundation and Best Buddies International launched our first pilot location in Long Beach, It’s A Grind Coffee House in Bixby Plaza on August 21st. In attendance from Best Buddies were:
- Ann May, Senior Director of State Development for Best Buddies International
- David Gauthier, Legislative Intern for our Long Beach Mayor & Best Buddies Jobs participant
- Bob Foster
- Jessica Foults, Director of Operations & Programs for Best Buddies California
- Kelly Schultz, Development Director for Best Buddies California
- Peter Vavra, Head of Operations
- Tony Falls, Head of Human Resources
- and the It’s A Grind Bixby Team!
To begin, the partnership will include a round up program and donation boxes that will be located at each store counter. The pilot began August 21st and will run until the end of September. After the successful pilot, we will launch the USA rollout.
“We truly appreciate the support and commitment from With Heart Foundation and very proud to be a part of this wonderful Foundation, Gloria Jean Coffee USA and It’s A Grind House” said Ann May, Senior Director of State Development for Best Buddies. “As a result of our partnership, we hope to create more opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.